Today we are going to tell about what is Nag Panchami, why people celebrate Nag panchami, how to do puja on Nag Panchami, how to fast on Nag Panchami, grasp the intricacies of its date, time, puja Muhurat, best wishes, inspiring quotes and more. Join us in unraveling the comprehensive tapestry of Nag Panchami’s traditions and beliefs.
What is Nag Panchami?
Nag Panchami is commemorated two days subsequent to Hariyali Teej. Revered as the festival of the serpent deity, Nag Panchami holds a position of great significance among the festive occasions observed in India. The rituals and observances associated with this day are believed to swiftly convey the reverence of the snake puja to the divine serpent entity.
Why People Celebrate Nag Panchami ?
In a remarkable event, Lord Krishna emerged victorious over Kaliya Nag, demonstrating his extraordinary prowess. The defeated serpent and his consorts implored for mercy upon realizing Krishna’s divine nature extending beyond that of an ordinary child. Upon receiving a pledge from Kaliya Nag to cease troubling the inhabitants of Gokul, Lord Krishna magnanimously spared his life. The observance of Nag Panchami serves as a tribute to Lord Krishna’s conquest of Kaliya Nag, a symbolic triumph resonating with the festival’s essence.
How to do Puja on Nag Panchami ?
Commence the rituals by bestowing a milk bath upon the image or idol of Nag as an initial step of the pooja. Following the milk bath, enhance the appearance of the images or idols by adorning them with vermilion and turmeric paste, while also presenting incense sticks as an offering. Proceed to engage in the pooja with the recitation of the prescribed mantras and kathas integral to the ceremony.
How to fast on Nag Panchami ?
Young married women revisit their parental homes, a symbolic journey that holds cultural significance. Meanwhile, unmarried girls undertake a fasting ritual with the aspiration of securing a harmonious and suitable life partner. This fasting period commences at dawn and persists until dusk. Upon completion, an offering of ‘kheer’ is presented to the snake deity, marking the conclusion of the fast.
In Which State Nag Panchami is famous?
The state of Maharashtra becomes a focal point for the Nag Panchami festivities, with prominent observances taking place. Notably, the village of Battis Shirala near Mumbai garners attention for its vibrant Naga Panchami celebrations. Similarly, the Nagpur district and its environs in Maharashtra host elaborate and widespread Nag Panchami festivities.
Which God is worshipped on Nag Panchami?
Among the fervent devotees of Lord Shiva, a particularly exuberant celebration is that of Nag Panchami. This auspicious event occurs annually on the Shukla Paksha Panchami Tithi during the month of Shravan. The Hindu community embraces Nag Panchami with grandeur, engaging in acts of veneration toward snakes as a means of appeasing Lord Shiva. Devotees present offerings, including milk, to living cobras. Preceding Nag Panchami, some individuals observe a fast on Nag Chaturthi or Nagula Chavithi, a day that precedes the main celebration.
Nag Panchami Date, Timing and Shubh Muhurat in 2023
In the current year, 2023, Nag Panchami is scheduled for Monday, August 21. As outlined by Drik Panchang, the period designated for the Nag Panchami puja will initiate at 5:53 am and conclude at 8:30 am. The puja tithi for Nag Panchami will commence on August 21 at 12:21 am, concluding on August 22 at 2:00 am. In contrast, in the state of Gujarat, Nag Panchami will be observed on Monday, September 4, as per Drik Panchang, due to a 15-day deviation in the state’s celebration of the festival.
5 Best wishes on Nag Panchami 2023
- May the blessings of the serpent deity bring prosperity, wisdom, and harmony to your life this Nag Panchami 2023. Wishing you a day filled with devotion and joy!
- On this auspicious Nag Panchami, may the divine serpent guide you through the path of virtue and bless your journey with positivity and success. Best wishes for a blessed and joyous day!
- As you celebrate Nag Panchami 2023, may the powerful energy of the snake god infuse your life with strength, courage, and boundless blessings. May your days be as vibrant as the festival itself!
- May the serpent deity bestow upon you the virtues of wisdom and protection on this Nag Panchami 2023. May your prayers be heard and your aspirations fulfilled. Wishing you a blessed and serene day!
- As the divine spirit of Nag Panchami envelops us, may your heart be filled with devotion and your life be illuminated with positivity. May this year bring you closer to your goals and aspirations. Best wishes for Nag Panchami 2023!