NEET 2023 Exam: NEET UG (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Undergraduate) is a highly competitive entrance exam conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission to various medical and dental undergraduate courses in India. Aspiring candidates need to be well-prepared with the syllabus and exam pattern to crack this examination. In this regard, the syllabus for NEET UG 2023 is one of the most important aspects that candidates need to be familiar with.
In this article, I will explain the detailed syllabus for NEET UG 2023, covering three sections: Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (including Botany and Zoology), along with the number of questions and maximum marks for each section and how to apply for NEET 2023. This will help aspiring candidates to plan and prepare their studies more effectively and efficiently, and increase their chances of success in the NEET UG 2023 exam.
Brief information about NEET 2023 Exam
NEET, which stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, is a medical entrance exam conducted in India for admission to undergraduate medical and dental courses in government and private medical colleges across the country.
NEET is conducted once a year by the National Testing Agency (NTA) on behalf of the Ministry of Education, Government of India. The exam consists of multiple-choice questions and covers subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany and Zoology), and General Knowledge.
NEET is a highly competitive exam, with a large number of students appearing for it each year. The exam is also the sole entrance exam for admission to MBBS/BDS courses in India. The eligibility criteria for NEET include age limit, academic qualifications, and nationality.
As of now it is revealed that NEET 2023 will provide opportunities for admission to various medical and dental courses in India, including 100,388 MBBS, 27,868 BDS, 52,720 AYUSH, 487 BSc nursing, and 603 BVSc seats, which also comprises of 1899 AIIMS MBBS and 249 JIPMER MBBS seats.
What is the objective of conducting NEET Exam ?
The primary objective of conducting NEET UG (Undergraduate) exam is to provide a single, standardized entrance examination for admission to undergraduate medical and dental courses in India. NEET UG helps to streamline the admission process for MBBS/BDS courses and ensures a fair and transparent selection of candidates based on their merit and performance in the exam.
By conducting NEET UG, the government aims to establish a uniform standard for medical education across the country and reduce the disparities between state board syllabi and medical entrance exams. This also helps to promote equity in the admission process and provides an equal opportunity to all eligible candidates.
Overall, the objective of NEET UG is to ensure that only the most qualified and deserving candidates get admission to undergraduate medical and dental courses, thereby ensuring the quality of medical education in the country.
Important dates of NEET 2023 Exam
- Application start date : 06/03/2023
- Last date of apply online: 06/04/2023
- Last date of fee payment: 06/04/2023
- NEET Exam Date: 07/05/2023
- Admit Card Release Date: Notified Soon
- Result date : Notified Soon
Application fee for NEET 2023 Exam
- The application fee for NEET UG 2023 varies depending on the category of the candidate.
- For General/OBC candidates, the fee is Rs. 1,500, while for SC/ST/PWD candidates, it is Rs. 800.
- Candidates can also opt for additional services such as fee payment through E-wallets or UPI, and correction of application form.
What is the eligibility for NEET 2023 Exam?
The eligibility criteria for NEET 2023 are as follows:
- Age Limit: The candidate must have completed 17 years of age as on December 31, 2023. The upper age limit for NEET 2023 is 25 years (for general category candidates) and 30 years (for reserved category candidates).
- Academic Qualifications: The candidate must have passed or appeared in the 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as core subjects. The minimum aggregate marks required in these subjects are 50% for general category candidates and 40% for reserved category candidates.
- Nationality: The candidate must be an Indian citizen, an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), or a Non-Resident Indian (NRI). Foreign nationals are also eligible to apply for NEET 2023.
- State Eligibility: Candidates who wish to apply for admission to medical and dental colleges in the states of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana are required to submit a self-declaration form to claim eligibility.
It is important to note that meeting the eligibility criteria alone does not guarantee admission to medical and dental courses. Candidates must also qualify for the NEET exam by securing the minimum qualifying marks in the exam.
Syllabus for NEET UG 2023 Exam
The syllabus for NEET UG 2023 is prescribed by the National Testing Agency (NTA) and is based on the NCERT curriculum for Class 11 and Class 12. The syllabus is divided into three sections, namely Physics, Chemistry, and Biology, which includes Botany and Zoology. The detailed syllabus for NEET UG 2023 is as follows:
The Physics section of NEET UG 2023 will cover the following topics:
- Physical world and measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy and Power
- Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
- Oscillations and Waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
The Chemistry section of NEET UG 2023 will cover the following topics:
- Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- Structure of Atom
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
- Redox Reactions
- s-Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)
- Some p-Block Elements
- Organic Chemistry: Some Basic Principles and Techniques
- Environmental Chemistry
- Solid State
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
- p-Block Elements
- d and f Block Elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
- Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
The Biology section of NEET UG 2023 will cover the following topics:
- Diversity in Living World
- Structural Organization in Animals and Plants
- Cell Structure and Function
- Plant Physiology
- Human Physiology
- Genetics and Evolution
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Biotechnology and Its Applications
- Ecology and Environment
Candidates are advised to thoroughly go through the syllabus and prepare accordingly for the exam. It is also recommended to refer to the NCERT textbooks and other standard reference books to gain a complete understanding of the topics covered in the syllabus.
Exam Pattern for NEET UG 2023
Here is a table summarizing the number of questions and maximum marks for each section of the NEET UG 2023 exam:
|Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Biology||90 (Botany-45 & Zoology-45)||360 (180 Marks from Botany & 180 Marks from Zoology)|
As per the exam pattern of NEET UG 2023, the question paper will consist of a total of 180 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) with a single correct answer. The Physics and Chemistry sections will each have 45 questions, while the Biology section will have 90 questions (45 questions each from Botany and Zoology).
Each correct answer will be awarded 4 marks, and there will be a negative marking of 1 mark for each incorrect answer. Unanswered questions will not be awarded or deducted any marks. The maximum marks for the NEET UG 2023 exam will be 720.
It is important for candidates to familiarize themselves with the exam pattern and practice solving previous years’ question papers and mock tests to improve their time-management skills and accuracy.
How to apply for NEET 2023 Exam
Candidates who wish to apply for NEET UG 2023, can do so by following the steps given below:
Step 1: Visit the official website of NEET UG 2023 (https://ntaneet.nic.in/).
Step 2: Click on the link “Apply Online” and read the instructions carefully.
Step 3: Fill in the registration form with all the required details such as name, date of birth, mobile number, email id, etc. and create a login password.
Step 4: After registration, log in using the generated login credentials and fill in the application form with personal, academic, and contact details.
Step 5: Upload the scanned images of your photograph, signature, and other documents as per the specifications mentioned in the application form.
Step 6: Pay the application fee online using debit/credit card or net banking.
Step 7: Verify all the details filled in the application form and submit it.
Step 8: Download and take a printout of the confirmation page for future reference.
It is advisable to keep a copy of the confirmation page and the payment receipt for future reference. Candidates must ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria before applying for the NEET 2023 exam.
Important links of NEET 2023 Exam
|NEET 2023 Official Website||www.ptetggtu.com|
|Download Notification||Click Here|
|Apply Online||Click Here|
|Download Admit Card||Update soon|
|NEET 2023 Answer Key||Update soon|
|NEET 2023 Exam Result||Update soon|