SSC MTS Exam 2023: The Staff Selection Commission has announced a competitive exam for the recruitment of Multi-Tasking (Non-Technical) Staff in various Ministries/Departments/Offices of the Government of India, Constitutional Bodies, Statutory Bodies, and Tribunals, among others. The position is classified as Group ‘C’ Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial, and falls under Pay Level-1 as per the Pay Matrix of 7th Pay Commission. The exam will also select candidates for the position of Havaldar, which is also a Group ‘C’ Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial post under the Department of Revenue, Ministry of Finance, for both Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) and Central Bureau of Narcotics (CBN).
In this article, I will explain Eligibility for SSC MTS, detailed syllabus for SSC MTS Exam 2023, Selection Process, number of vacancies, Salary, how to apply, important links of SSC MTS Exam 2023. This will help aspiring candidates to plan and prepare their studies more effectively and efficiently, and increase their chances of success in the SSC MTS Exam 2023.
Table of Contents
Brief information about SSC MTS Exam
The SSC MTS (Staff Selection Commission Multi-Tasking Staff) exam is a national-level competitive examination conducted by the Staff Selection Commission of India. The exam is held annually to recruit candidates for various non-technical positions in different government departments and offices across the country.
The SSC MTS exam is conducted in two stages – Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper 1 is an online objective-type exam that includes questions from General Intelligence & Reasoning, Numerical Aptitude, General English, and General Awareness. Paper 2 is a descriptive-type test that assesses the candidate’s writing skills in English or any other language included in the 8th schedule of the Constitution of India.
Candidates who qualify both the stages of the SSC MTS exam are selected for the post of Multi-Tasking Staff (MTS) in various government departments and offices. The SSC MTS exam is a popular exam among job seekers in India, and lakhs of candidates apply for it every year.
What is the objective of conducting SSC MTS Exam ?
The main objective of conducting the SSC MTS Exam 2023 is to select suitable candidates for the post of Multi-Tasking Staff (MTS) in various government departments and offices across India. The exam aims to assess the candidate’s knowledge, skills, and abilities in areas such as General Intelligence & Reasoning, Numerical Aptitude, General English, and General Awareness, among others.
The SSC MTS Exam 2023 is conducted to fill vacancies for non-technical positions in different government departments and offices, which require a workforce to perform various tasks such as delivery of mail, dispatch of official documents, cleaning, and maintenance of offices, among others.
By conducting the SSC MTS Exam 2023, the Staff Selection Commission aims to identify and select suitable candidates who possess the necessary skills and abilities required to perform various non-technical tasks efficiently and effectively in different government departments and offices.
Important dates of SSC MTS Exam
|Application start date||18/01/2023|
|Late date of apply online||17/02/2023|
|Last date of fee payment||19/02/2023|
|Exam Date||April 2023|
|Admit Card Release Date||Notified Soon|
|Result Date||Notified Soon|
Application fee for SSC MTS Exam 2023
- The application fee for the SSC MTS Exam 2023 is Rs. 100/- for candidates belonging to the General and OBC categories.
- Women candidates and candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwD/Ex-servicemen categories are exempted from paying the application fee.
- Candidates can pay the application fee online using various modes such as debit card, credit card, net banking, or through SBI Challan.
- It is important to note that the application fee is non-refundable, and candidates must ensure that they are eligible for the exam before applying and paying the fee.
What is the eligibility for SSC MTS Exam?
The eligibility criteria for the SSC MTS Exam are as follows:
- Nationality: The candidate must be either a citizen of India or Nepal or Bhutan or a Tibeta refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 or a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam with the intention of settling permanently in India.
- Age Limit: The candidate must be between 18-25 years of age as on 1st January 2023. Age relaxation is applicable for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PwD/Ex-servicemen categories as per government norms.
- Educational Qualification: The candidate must have passed the 10th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board.
- Physical Fitness: The candidate must be physically fit and must meet the prescribed physical standards for the post.
It is important to note that the eligibility criteria may vary depending on the specific requirements of different government departments and offices. Candidates must ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria before applying for the SSC MTS Exam.
Syllabus for SSC MTS Exam 2023
The syllabus for the SSC MTS Non-Technical Exam 2023 includes the following subjects:
- General Intelligence & Reasoning: Analogies, similarities, and differences, space visualization, problem-solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning, etc.
- Numerical Aptitude: Number systems, computation of whole numbers, decimals and fractions, the relationship between numbers, fundamental arithmetical operations, percentages, ratio and proportion, averages, interests, profit and loss, discount, use of tables and graphs, mensuration, time and distance, ratio and time, etc.
- General English: Understanding of the English language, vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms, correct use of words, comprehension, etc.
- General Awareness: Questions related to India and its neighboring countries, sports, history, culture, geography, economic scene, general polity, Indian Constitution, scientific research, etc.
It is important to note that the SSC MTS Non-Technical Exam 2023 will be conducted in two stages. Paper 1 will be an online objective-type exam that includes questions from General Intelligence & Reasoning, Numerical Aptitude, General English, and General Awareness. Paper 2 will be a descriptive-type test that assesses the candidate’s writing skills in English or any other language included in the 8th schedule of the Constitution of India.
Exam Pattern for SSC MTS 2023
The exam pattern for the SSC MTS Exam 2023 is as follows:
This will be an online exam that consists of four sections, namely General Intelligence & Reasoning, Numerical Aptitude, General English, and General Awareness. The exam will be of 90 minutes duration, and candidates will have to answer a total of 100 questions, each carrying one mark. There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer. The exam will be conducted in both English and Hindi languages.
|Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||20||60|
|Numerical and Mathematical Aptitude||20||60|
|English Language and Comprehension||25||75|
This will be a descriptive-type test that assesses the candidate’s writing skills. The exam will be of 30 minutes duration, and candidates will have to write a short essay or letter in English or any other language included in the 8th schedule of the Constitution of India. The exam will be of 50 marks.
Candidates who qualify in Paper 1 will be eligible to appear for Paper 2. The final merit list will be prepared based on the candidate’s performance in Paper 1 and Paper 2. The exam pattern may vary depending on the specific requirements of different government departments and offices.
SSC MTS 2023 Selection Process
The selection process for SSC MTS 2023 will involve the following steps:
|Multi Tasking Staff||Computer Based Exam
|Havaldar||Computer Based Exam
Physical Efficiency Test & Physical Standard Test
SSC MTS Post and Salary Overview
SSC has been released Notification for Multi-Tasking (Non Technical) Staff and Havaldar (CBIC & CBN), in which vacancies of Total 10880 and 529 post respectively declared to fill up. Details are as under:
|Post Name||Total Vacancy||Salary|
|MTS||10880||Rs. 18,000 to 22,000 with pay band of Rs. 5200- Rs. 20200|
|Havaldar in CBIC and CBN||529|
Documents required for apply SSC MTS 2023
Here are the documents that are required to apply for the SSC MTS 2023 Exam:
- Scanned copy of your passport-sized photograph in JPG format. The size of the photograph should be between 20 KB to 50 KB.
- Scanned copy of your signature in JPG format. The size of the signature should be between 10 KB to 20 KB.
- Scanned copy of your left thumb impression in JPG format. The size of the thumb impression should be between 20 KB to 50 KB.
- Scanned copy of your photo ID proof like Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, Voter ID, or Driving License in JPG format. The size of the photo ID proof should be between 50 KB to 300 KB.
- Scanned copy of your educational qualification certificates in JPG format. The size of the certificates should be between 50 KB to 300 KB.
How to apply for SSC MTS Exam 2023
Submission of application through online mode has already expired on 17/02/2023. You can wait for next advertisement. However, general procedure for apply for the SSC MTS Exam 2023 through the official website of the Staff Selection Commission (SSC). Here are the steps to apply:
- Visit the official website of the SSC (https://ssc.nic.in/).
- Click on the “Apply” button and select “MTS” from the list of exams.
- Read the instructions carefully and click on the “Register Now” button.
- Fill in the registration form with your personal details like name, date of birth, mobile number, and email ID.
- After successful registration, you will receive a registration number and password on your registered mobile number and email ID.
- Log in using the registration number and password.
- Fill in the application form with all the necessary details such as educational qualifications, address, and exam center preference.
- Upload scanned copies of your photograph and signature as per the specified format and size.
- Pay the application fee through online mode via net banking, debit card, or credit card.
- Review the application form and click on the “Submit” button.
- Take a printout of the application form for future reference.
Important links of SSC MTS Exam
|SSC MTS 2023 Official Website||https://ssc.nic.in/|
|Download Notification||Click Here|
|Apply Online||Click Here|
|Download Admit Card||Update soon|
|SSC MTS 2023 Answer Key||Update soon|
|SSC MTS 2023 Exam Result||Update soon|