UPSC NDA Admit Card 2023: National Defence Academy (NDA) and Naval Academy (NA) Examination is a national-level exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) twice a year. UPSC has released NDA-I Admit Card 2023 on 24/03/2023 for all the candidates who have successfully submitted their application for NDA 2023.
In this article, I will provide detailed information on the eligibility criteria of UPSC NDA, exam pattern, syllabus, selection procedure, application process, and preparation tips for the UPSC NDA Exam 2023. Whether you are a first-time aspirant or a repeat candidate, this guide will help you prepare effectively and ace the exam.
Brief information about UPSC NDA 2023
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the National Defence Academy (NDA) examination to select candidates for admission into the Indian Army, Navy, and Air Force. The NDA exam is held twice a year, and the NDA 1 2023 exam is scheduled to be held on 23rd April 2023.
The NDA exam is a two-stage selection process that involves a written exam and an interview conducted by the Service Selection Board (SSB). The written exam consists of two papers: Mathematics and General Ability Test (GAT), which covers topics such as English, General Knowledge, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
Candidates who clear the written exam are called for the SSB interview, which comprises a series of tests, including a physical fitness test, psychological test, and group discussion. The final selection is based on the candidate’s performance in both the written exam and the SSB interview.
Important dates of UPSC NDA 2023
|Application start date||21/12/2022|
|Late date of apply online||12/01/2023|
|Last date of fee payment||12/01/2023|
|NDA I Exam Date||16/04/2023|
|Admit Card Release Date||24/03/2023|
|Result Date||Notified Soon|
Application fee for UPSC NDA 2023
|General (UR)||OBC||SC/ ST/Female|
|Rs. 100/-||Rs. 100/-||0 (Exempted)|
Vacancy details of UPSC NDA 2023
|Post Name||Wing Name||Total Post|
|National Defence Academy||Army||208 (10 for female)|
|Navy||42 (03 for female)|
|Airforce||i) Flying- 92 (02 for female)|
|ii) Ground Duties(Tech)-18 (02 for female)|
|iii) Ground Duties(Non Tech)-10 (02 for female)|
|Naval Academy||10+2 Cadet Entry||25 (Only for Male)|
What is the eligibility for UPSC NDA 2023 ?
To be eligible for the UPSC NDA 2023 exam, candidates must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Nationality: The candidate must be a citizen of India or a subject of Bhutan or Nepal or a Tibetan refugee who came to India before January 1, 1962, with the intention of settling permanently in India.
- Age Limit: Only unmarried male/ female candidates, who must have been born between 2nd July, 2004 and 1st July, 2007.
- Educational Qualification: The candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board or university.
- Physical Standards: The candidate must meet the prescribed physical standards for admission to the National Defence Academy.
It is important to note that female candidates are not eligible for admission to the National Defence Academy. Additionally, candidates who have failed the Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT) earlier are not eligible for the Air Force Wing.
UPSC NDA Syllabus 2023
The UPSC NDA 2023 exam consists of two papers: Mathematics and General Ability Test (GAT). The syllabus for each paper is as follows:
- Matrices and Determinants
- Analytical Geometry of Two and Three Dimensions
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus and Differential Equations
- Vector Algebra
- Statistics and Probability
General Ability Test (GAT):
Part A – English:
- Grammar and usage
- Comprehension and cohesion
- Effective writing skills
Part B – General Knowledge:
- General Science
- Current Events
Part C – Mental Ability and Logical Reasoning:
- Verbal reasoning
- Non-verbal reasoning
- Spatial ability
- Numerical operations
It is important to note that the level of difficulty for the NDA exam is based on the 10+2 level of education. Therefore, candidates are advised to thoroughly study their 10+2 textbooks and practice solving sample papers and previous year question papers to prepare for the exam.
Selection procedure of UPSC NDA 2023
The selection procedure of UPSC NDA 2023 consists of two stages:
Stage 1: Written Examination The first stage is the written examination, which is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). The written examination consists of two papers: Mathematics and General Ability Test (GAT). The Mathematics paper is of 300 marks and the GAT paper is of 600 marks. The total duration of the written examination is 5 hours.
Candidates who qualify in the written examination are called for the second stage of the selection procedure.
Stage 2: SSB Interview The second stage is the SSB Interview, which is conducted by the Services Selection Board (SSB). The SSB interview is a five-day process and comprises of various tests such as intelligence tests, group testing, psychological tests, and personal interviews. The SSB interview is conducted in two stages:
Stage 1: Officers Intelligence Rating (OIR) and Picture Perception and Description Test (PPDT) Candidates who clear Stage 1 are eligible to appear for Stage 2 of the SSB interview.
Stage 2: Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks (GTO), Psychology Tests and Conference This stage consists of the following tests:
- Interview: Candidates are interviewed by a panel of SSB officers.
- Group Testing Officer Tasks (GTO): Candidates are tested on group dynamics and leadership skills.
- Psychology Tests: Candidates are tested on personality traits and psychological suitability for the Armed Forces.
- Conference: The final assessment of the candidate is done in a conference of all SSB officers who have assessed the candidate.
Final Selection: The final selection is based on the candidate’s performance in the written examination and the SSB interview. Candidates who clear both the stages are selected for admission to the National Defence Academy (NDA).
Documents required for apply UPSC NDA 2023
The following documents are required to apply for UPSC NDA 2023:
- Photograph: A recent passport-sized photograph of the candidate.
- Signature: Scanned image of the candidate’s signature.
- Age Proof: Birth certificate or 10th standard certificate with date of birth mentioned in it.
- Educational Qualification: Marksheet of 10+2 or equivalent examination.
- Caste Certificate: If applicable, candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), and Other Backward Classes (OBC) categories need to submit a caste certificate.
- Address Proof: Any document that proves the candidate’s permanent address such as Aadhaar card, Voter ID card, or Passport.
- Identity Proof: Any document that proves the candidate’s identity such as Aadhaar card, Voter ID card, or Passport.
- Physical Standards: Candidates must meet the prescribed physical standards for admission to the National Defence Academy. Hence, they must also submit a physical fitness certificate from a registered medical practitioner.
It is important to note that candidates should keep these documents ready in advance before filling up the application form. Additionally, candidates are advised to read the instructions and eligibility criteria carefully before applying for the UPSC NDA 2023 exam.
How to apply and fill up UPSC NDA Form 2023
The UPSC NDA 2023 application form can be filled online through the official website of UPSC. The following are the steps to apply and fill up the UPSC NDA 2023 form:
Step 1: Registration Visit the official website of UPSC (www.upsc.gov.in) and click on the “Online Application for Various Examinations” link. Select the “National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination (I), 2023” option and click on the “Part-I Registration” link. Fill in the required details such as name, email id, mobile number, etc., and click on the “Submit” button. Note down the registration number that is generated.
Step 2: Application Form Log in using the registration number and password sent to your email id. Fill in the application form with all the required details such as personal information, educational qualification, address, etc. Upload the scanned copies of the required documents such as photograph, signature, age proof, educational qualification, etc.
Step 3: Fee Payment After filling in the application form, candidates need to pay the application fee. The fee can be paid online through net banking, credit card, or debit card.
Step 4: Final Submission After successful payment of the fee, candidates can preview their application form and make changes if necessary. After verifying the details, click on the “Submit” button to complete the application process.
Step 5: Print Application Form Take a printout of the application form for future reference.
It is important to note that candidates should carefully read the instructions and eligibility criteria before filling up the application form. Any incomplete or incorrect information in the application form can lead to rejection of the application.
How to download UPSC NDA Admit Card 2023
The UPSC NDA Admit Card 2023 will be available for download on the official website of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). The following are the steps to download the UPSC NDA Admit Card 2023:
Step 1: Visit the official website Visit the official website of UPSC (www.upsc.gov.in).
Step 2: Click on the Admit Card link Click on the “Admit Card” link available on the homepage.
Step 3: Select NDA Exam Select the “National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination (I), 2023” option.
Step 4: Enter Details Enter the required details such as Registration Number or Roll Number, Date of Birth, and Captcha Code.
Step 5: Click Submit After entering the details, click on the “Submit” button.
Step 6: Download Admit Card The UPSC NDA Admit Card 2023 will be displayed on the screen. Download and take a printout of the admit card.
It is important to note that candidates must carry the admit card to the examination center along with a valid photo identity proof. The admit card contains important details such as exam date, time, and venue, and it is a mandatory document for appearing in the UPSC NDA Exam 2023.
How to prepare for UPSC NDA Exam 2023
Preparing for the UPSC NDA Exam 2023 requires a structured approach and a disciplined study plan. Here are some tips to help you prepare for the exam:
- Understand the Exam Pattern and Syllabus: It is important to understand the exam pattern and syllabus thoroughly to prepare for the exam effectively. Familiarize yourself with the topics covered in the syllabus, the weightage of each section, and the marking scheme of the exam.
- Create a Study Plan: Create a study plan that is realistic and achievable. Allocate sufficient time for each subject and make sure to revise regularly. Focus on your weaknesses and practice more on those topics.
- Refer to Study Materials: There are many study materials available in the market such as books, online courses, and study guides. Choose the study materials that suit your learning style and refer to them consistently.
- Practice Previous Year Question Papers: Solving previous year question papers can help you understand the exam pattern and practice time management. It also helps in identifying your weaknesses and strengths.
- Take Mock Tests: Taking mock tests can help you evaluate your preparation level and improve your speed and accuracy. It also helps in identifying the areas where you need to focus more.
- Stay Updated: Stay updated with the current affairs and events happening around the world. Read newspapers, magazines, and watch news channels regularly to improve your general knowledge.
Remember, consistency, dedication, and hard works are the keys to cracking the UPSC NDA Exam 2023.
Important links of UPSC NDA 2023
|Download Notification||Click Here|
|Apply Online||Click Here|
|Download Admit Card||Click Here|
|Answer Key||Update soon|
|Exam Result||Update soon|
Difference between UPSC CDS and UPSC NDA Exam
|UPSC CDS Exam||UPSC NDA Exam|
|CDS is a Combined Defence Services Examination conducting by UPSC||NDA is a National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination conducted by UPSC|
|It is a Graduation Level examination||It is 10+2 level examination|
|Candidate must be between of 20-24 years of age||Candidate must be between 16.5 to 19.5 years of age as of 1st January 2023.|
|Both male and female candidates can apply||Only male candidates can apply|
|CDS Exam conducted to select suitable candidates for admission to the Indian Military Academy (IMA), Indian Naval Academy (INA), Air Force Academy (AFA), and Officers’ Training Academy (OTA)||NDA Exam is conducted to select candidates for admission into the National Defense Academy and Naval Academy.|
|Candidate selected by Written Exam, SSB Interview, and Medical Test.||Candidate selected by Written Exam, SSB Interview, and Medical Test.|
|Exam conducted offline.||Exam conducted offline.|
FAQs related to UPSC NDA 2023
When was the UPSC NDA 2023 Admit Card Release?
UPSC NDA 2023 Admit Card was released on 24/03/2023 on the official website of UPSC.
What details are required to download UPSC NDA 2023 Admit Card ?
To download the UPSC NDA Admit Card, you will need to provide your Roll Number and Date of Birth.
How can I check my UPSC NDA Admit Card ?
You can check your UPSC NDA Admit Card from the official website of UPSC at https://www.upsc.gov.in. Then Click on the “Admit Cards” tab. However, complete procedure already given in the related section of this article.
Who is eligible for UPSC NDA ?
Candidates who are Indian citizens, subjects of Nepal or Bhutan, or Tibetan refugees are eligible for the UPSC NDA Exam. Additionally, candidates must be unmarried male and must have completed their 10+2 level of education or equivalent from a recognized board. The age of candidates should be between 16.5 to 19.5 years as on 1st January of the year in which they are appearing for the exam.
What is UPSC NDA Exam Date 2023 ?
UPSC NDA 1 exam 2023 will be conducted on 16th April 2024 and NDA 2 Exam 2023 will be conducted on 3rd September 2023.