On September 19, 2023, Reliance Jio is gearing up to unveil its latest offering, Jio AirFiber, a cutting-edge wireless internet service tailored for both households and workplaces. This service boasts lightning-fast speeds, reaching up to 1.5 Gbps, ensuring uninterrupted streaming of high-definition videos, seamless online gaming experiences, and lag-free video conferencing. Mukesh Ambani, the Chairperson and Managing Director of Reliance Industries, made a significant announcement during the 2023 AGM, declaring that Jio AirFiber would officially launch on the auspicious occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi.
Jio AirFiber comes packed with a range of impressive features, including parental controls, support for Wi-Fi 6, and a built-in security firewall. It’s worth mentioning that the Jio AirFiber service made its debut during the company’s 45th AGM just last year.
Table of Contents
What is Jio AirFiber?
Introducing Jio AirFiber, a novel wireless internet service by Jio, harnessing the power of 5G technology to deliver lightning-fast internet connectivity. This groundbreaking service provides speeds akin to traditional fiber-optic connections, with users enjoying the capability to access speeds of up to 1 Gbps.
Jio highlights the compact and user-friendly nature of Jio AirFiber, emphasizing, “You simply need to plug it in, power it up, and you’re all set. Your personal Wi-Fi hotspot is now ready in your home, connected to ultra-high-speed True 5G internet. With Jio AirFiber, connecting your home or office to Gigabit-speed Internet has never been easier.”
Features of Jio AirFiber
The key features and differences from JioFiber broadband are as follows:
- High-Speed Internet: Jio AirFiber promises high-speed internet with speeds of up to 1 Gbps, making it suitable for bandwidth-intensive activities like streaming, online gaming, and remote work.
- Fiber Optic Technology: Like JioFiber, Jio AirFiber also uses fiber optic cables, which offer superior data transmission speeds and stability.
- Affordable Plans: Reliance Jio is known for its competitive pricing, and Jio AirFiber is expected to offer cost-effective broadband plans to cater to a wide range of users.
- Value-Added Services: Similar to JioFiber, Jio AirFiber may include access to a range of digital services, such as OTT content, video conferencing, and more, as part of its subscription packages.
- Wide Coverage: Reliance Jio has been expanding its broadband services across India, aiming to reach even remote areas, enhancing internet accessibility.
Also Read : How to Remove Password from Excel
Why Jio AirFiber is better than JioFiber Broadband?
Jio AirFiber offers several potential advantages over the earlier JioFiber broadband service:
- Higher Speeds: Jio AirFiber’s top speed of 1 Gbps is an improvement over JioFiber, offering faster downloads and seamless online experiences.
- Enhanced Technology: While both services use fiber optic technology, Jio AirFiber may incorporate more advanced infrastructure and hardware, ensuring better performance and reliability.
- Competitive Landscape: With increased competition in the broadband market, Jio AirFiber may introduce more competitive pricing and attractive bundles to entice customers.
- Latest Features: Jio AirFiber could come with updated features and services to align with evolving consumer demands and technological advancements.
- Improved Coverage: Reliance Jio’s continuous expansion efforts mean that Jio AirFiber is likely to cover more areas, addressing connectivity gaps in underserved regions.
Also Read : How to Download Aadhar Card Without OTP
Difference between Jio AirFiber and JioFiber Broadband
|Aspect||JioFiber Broadband||Jio AirFiber|
|Technology||Utilizes wired fiber optic cables for coverage.||Deploys wireless point-to-point radio links for connectivity, freeing it from fiber cable constraints.|
|Speed||Offers speeds up to 1 Gbps.||Provides internet speeds up to 1.5 Gbps, potentially faster. Actual speed may vary based on proximity to towers.|
|Coverage||Broader coverage but not available nationwide.||Offers extensive coverage without being limited by physical infrastructure.|
|Installation||Typically requires professional installation.||Designed to be plug-and-play, making it more user-friendly.|
|Cost||Competitive pricing, excluding portable device unit.||Expected to be competitively priced, potentially costing around Rs 6,000.|