On September 19, 2023, Reliance Jio is gearing up to unveil its latest offering, Jio AirFiber, a cutting-edge wireless internet service tailored for both households and workplaces. This service boasts lightning-fast speeds, reaching up to 1.5 Gbps, ensuring uninterrupted streaming of high-definition videos, seamless online gaming experiences, and lag-free video conferencing. Mukesh Ambani, the Chairperson and Managing Director of Reliance Industries, made a significant announcement during the 2023 AGM, declaring that Jio AirFiber would officially launch on the auspicious occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi.
Jio AirFiber comes packed with a range of impressive features, including parental controls, support for Wi-Fi 6, and a built-in security firewall. It’s worth mentioning that the Jio AirFiber service made its debut during the company’s 45th AGM just last year.
What is Jio AirFiber?
Introducing Jio AirFiber, a novel wireless internet service by Jio, harnessing the power of 5G technology to deliver lightning-fast internet connectivity. This groundbreaking service provides speeds akin to traditional fiber-optic connections, with users enjoying the capability to access speeds of up to 1 Gbps.
Jio highlights the compact and user-friendly nature of Jio AirFiber, emphasizing, “You simply need to plug it in, power it up, and you’re all set. Your personal Wi-Fi hotspot is now ready in your home, connected to ultra-high-speed True 5G internet. With Jio AirFiber, connecting your home or office to Gigabit-speed Internet has never been easier.”
Features of Jio AirFiber
The key features and differences from JioFiber broadband are as follows:
- High-Speed Internet: Jio AirFiber promises high-speed internet with speeds of up to 1 Gbps, making it suitable for bandwidth-intensive activities like streaming, online gaming, and remote work.
- Fiber Optic Technology: Like JioFiber, Jio AirFiber also uses fiber optic cables, which offer superior data transmission speeds and stability.
- Affordable Plans: Reliance Jio is known for its competitive pricing, and Jio AirFiber is expected to offer cost-effective broadband plans to cater to a wide range of users.
- Value-Added Services: Similar to JioFiber, Jio AirFiber may include access to a range of digital services, such as OTT content, video conferencing, and more, as part of its subscription packages.
- Wide Coverage: Reliance Jio has been expanding its broadband services across India, aiming to reach even remote areas, enhancing internet accessibility.
Also Read : How to Remove Password from Excel
Why Jio AirFiber is better than JioFiber Broadband?
Jio AirFiber offers several potential advantages over the earlier JioFiber broadband service:
- Higher Speeds: Jio AirFiber’s top speed of 1 Gbps is an improvement over JioFiber, offering faster downloads and seamless online experiences.
- Enhanced Technology: While both services use fiber optic technology, Jio AirFiber may incorporate more advanced infrastructure and hardware, ensuring better performance and reliability.
- Competitive Landscape: With increased competition in the broadband market, Jio AirFiber may introduce more competitive pricing and attractive bundles to entice customers.
- Latest Features: Jio AirFiber could come with updated features and services to align with evolving consumer demands and technological advancements.
- Improved Coverage: Reliance Jio’s continuous expansion efforts mean that Jio AirFiber is likely to cover more areas, addressing connectivity gaps in underserved regions.
Also Read : How to Download Aadhar Card Without OTP
Difference between Jio AirFiber and JioFiber Broadband
|Utilizes wired fiber optic cables for coverage.
|Deploys wireless point-to-point radio links for connectivity, freeing it from fiber cable constraints.
|Offers speeds up to 1 Gbps.
|Provides internet speeds up to 1.5 Gbps, potentially faster. Actual speed may vary based on proximity to towers.
|Broader coverage but not available nationwide.
|Offers extensive coverage without being limited by physical infrastructure.
|Typically requires professional installation.
|Designed to be plug-and-play, making it more user-friendly.
|Competitive pricing, excluding portable device unit.
|Expected to be competitively priced, potentially costing around Rs 6,000.